Desktop Metal Studio System 3D Printer | Desktop Metal Printers UKThe Desktop Metal DM Studio System is the world’s first affordable, office-friendly metal 3D printing system. Safe and simple to use, the DM Studio System was designed to bring metal 3D printing to the shop floor by allowing engineering and design teams to make metal parts faster, without the need for special facilities or dedicated operators.
The Desktop Metal Studio System 3D Printer | Desktop Metal Printers UK is great for:
- Fast material changes
- Cost effective metal printing
- Ofﬁce-friendly metal 3D printing
It’s built on a cloud-based software architecture, the DM Studio System enables the user to go directly from CAD to part. By having one software platform across the system, designers and engineers can work with one digital ﬁle for a metal part throughout its entire lifecycle instead of needing to use 3rd party equipment and software to get a ﬁnal part.
Very similar to FDM (fused deposition Modelling) the Studio printer prints out a “green” part layer-by-layer by heating and extruding specially formulated bound metal rods. After this process and once the part has been printed out on the bed, it is sintered. A portion of the plastic binder is first removed, and then the furnace heats the part to temperatures close to melting point, thus causing the metal powder to densify.
With hand-removal of supports, fast material changes, and web-based software being just a few ways Desktop Metal are making metal 3D printing more accessible. The Studio system was designed from the ground up for simple installation and use.
A unique ground breaking furnace system dovetails with a cloud based operating system whch provides an end to end 3D metal printing solution
Enquire about this
- Tech Specs
- 200+ compatible alloys
- Designed to use MIM (Metal Injection Molding) materials
- Including but not limited to - steels and aluminum to superalloys and titanium
- Laser-based systems require specially formulated, cost-prohibitive metal powders with Desktop metal you can use metal powder with a wide particle size distribution, enabling much lower materials costs - up to 80% Cheaper
- Max Resolution: 50um
- Speed: 1inches3/hr
- Build area: h300mm, d200mm, w200mm
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4mm
- Print Technology: Bound Metal Deposition (BMD)
- Support Structures: Separable supports